Tuesday, July 1, 2008

In and Out... Not Possible!!

I left dinner cooking and bananna bread in the oven while I ran to Safeway for what I thought would be a quick trip.....! I am beginning to realise that is not possible. I swear, everytime I go to the grocery store I have pamphlets, ballots, boy scouts, girl scouts, etc... However, I do like the girl scout cookies... Anyway while walking into the store I had an employee tell me about their savings rewards at the gas pumps and the more money I spend at Safeway I get 10 cents off.... Hello, I know that.... It is only printed on my receipt everytime I go!! Congratulations, you saved 10 cents. Then I proceeded inside only to be encountered by a photographer studio doing a promo... For only 10.00 you can have a beautiful picture of your family.... sign here, what time works and now we need your money!!! I told them I was not interested! UGH! I felt like I was Jim Carrey in Liar Liar... The scene with the bum...

Bum: Got any spare change?
Fletcher: Why not?
Bum: Well, could ya spare some?
Fletcher: Yes I could!
Bum: So, why don't you?
Fletcher: Because I believe you will buy booze with it! I just want to get from my car to the office without being confronted by the decay of western society!... Plus I'm cheap! AHHH!

Ok so I do not view them as the decay of Western society, but serioiusly I just want to get in and get out!!!! Am I the only one who feels this way?

2 comments:

JoAlice said...

In San Diego, one of the worst places for this to occur (almost on a daily basis), is Target. Not that I am there on a daily basis, but these people seem to be there most days I am! It has eased up quite a bit though since San Diego has had their city elections! I am so with you on this one Kimberly!!

Kelli said...

This is the beauty of having 3 little ones when you go shopping! "THEY" don't bug me or even attempt to stop me! I feel for you though!