Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Lions, Tigers and Bears.... Oh My!!

What a fun day Hailey and I had today!! I picked her up from Kindergarten and our adventure began!! Last night I was trying to think of somthing fun that I could do with Little Miss since it was going to be such a georgous day today!! 50 degrees on December 5th was perfect Zoo weather!! Hailey was most excited when I told her where we were going!! Josh started driving full time at FedEx so it was just the girls today! However, after the zoo I took Hailey down to where Josh's route was so that they could visit while he was on his break! She was so happy to see him! I was quite surprised to see that most of the animals were out today and that there was no crowd in sight!! Past experience has taught me not to go to the zoo on a weekend, a free day or when the Christmas lights are on!!
We loved watching the monkey's play and climb on their toys. One of the monkey's reached his hand out and was grabbing the bushes to get the twigs off of them.... Not sure if he was eating them or if it became a game! There were peacock's roaming free all around the zoo and a couple of times they walked up to us.... Hailey wanted them to spread their feathers out!

Hailey's favorite animal by far is the Giaraff! However, she did enjoy watching the seal and sea lion frolic in their pools!! She could have stood there for hours.
Hailey laughed so hard when I told her elephant poop was as big as rocks... She could not believe it... I could not believe it myself! These animals are huge!!I loved watching the bears... I could not believe that I was standing 10 feet from them watching in amazement and knew I was completely safe! I told Hailey how Grandpa Barber saw a black bear in the white mountains and he video taped it!! She giggled!! What a beautiful animal!!
We had such a fun time!! Thanks Hailey for being my date today! I had so much fun with you!

5 comments:

Leslie said...

I love the zoo!! How fun! I wish we could go but it's kind of freezing here. When it is cold here, it is also windy which makes it worse.

Anonymous said...

50* sounds like a day to stay under the covers to me!

JoAlice said...

I'm glad you are able to do so much with Hailey. She always looks so happy in the pictures. You are always finding fun things to do with her! The pictures are really cool!

Kelli said...

Fun times. You guys got to see lots of animals. I feel like the animals are so far away in Phoenix that the trip is pointless. We haven't been there in a few years though.

Rogers Family said...

Briggs and Brooklyn loved these pictures. Great Job!!! Again you are amazing!!