Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Visitors!!

For a couple of months now we have been tending to some unexpected visitors... I am not very happy about them being here either! We have trapped 5 mice, actually it was a little more than trapping... I was beginning to get extremely frustrated because the little rodents were in our pantry!!! Our pantry is huge and it is a walk in and I was tired of seeing remnets of food on the floor.... I thought we were rid of the little creatures but I was very wrong! We caught one on Sunday and I felt so bad for the little thing because it was not completely dead when I found it in the trap.... Ugh.... Why do they have to be so darn cute! Sunday night I decided to set 3 more traps and again bait them with cheese... Much to my dismay when I came home for lunch on Monday the little mouse decided to out smart me... Yes it got 3 pieces of cheese and the traps did not even snap... So I decided I was going to clean the entire pantry when I got home from work!! Clear out boxes of stuff on the floor and make sure everything was spotless.... While cleaning the pantry out I saw a little creature running.... I have never been so terrified of something 3 inches long!!! I was talking to my mom on the phone and I am sure she was having a hay day listening to me!! Seriously this thing was scaling the walls doing flips of all sorts.... I decided to call my neighbor Robin who thankfully came over and saved the day... She decided that she would use a tupperware with the lid to get this little sucker.... I have never ran so fast as I did when it ran out of the pantry... Poor thing was terrified (The mouse was too) Robin was able to catch the mouse without harm.... We decided we would walk to the end of the street and let the little mouse go!! It was a baby, I did not have the heart to kill it.... So there you have it!! As of Monday we have caught 6 mice... 5 died and 1 got the walk of mercy!! So here we are a couple days later, 5 traps in the pantry and mice free!!! For now at least!! Josh and I are seriously considering getting a kitten.....

7 comments:

Kimberly Giardino said...

Please do not focus on the fact that I am wearing red scrub bottoms and a green down vest... I did not dress in Christmas colors on purpose!

Borland family said...

I feel your pain. we too have had mice. We thought we had gotten rid of them, only to come home from a 10 day trip to CO to find one had been squished by "Doctrines Of Salvation" YUCK! Then, yes, all the babies seemed to be able to eat the cheese without being caught. When my 19month old chased one through the kitchen, we took extreme actionandcalledan exterminator. Have not seen one since.

jolleyzoo said...

O.k. girl, we had the same problem at our house about a year ago!
Grrrrr they are horrible but so cute. Our pantry is also huge (something these mice love a five star hotel) We tried everything, something work and some do not. I finaly called my friend who told us instead of using cheese in traps we shoulto use chocolate. We laughed about it but tried it and guess what IT WORKS!! NO MORE MICE and if they ever come back to our five star hotel they will be welcomed with a sweet peice of chocolate laying on the trap

JoAlice said...

How funny. Listening to you on the phone during part of this episode was like listening to Nana all over again when the hummingbird flew in their kitchen!!

Kelli said...

Okay A: I was just about to ask the heck are you wearing and why would you allow yourself to be photographed like that...haha! Totally teasing because it doesn't fall under your "WWKD?"

2: EEEEKKKK I'm squirming for you. You obviously know my feelings on unwanted creatures in homes. I'm so glad Robin saved you. SO GLAD!

Anonymous said...

AAACK!! I would have completely freaked out if that had happened to me! Try putting peanut butter on the traps. Because it's sticky, the mice have to stick around for awhile to eat it so they're more likely to get caught.

Michelle said...

I am not a fan of mice! I'm glad you got rid of them and I hope they never come back! Yuck.