Saturday, October 4, 2008

Play Ball!!




We had such a fun day as a family today!! Josh and I played in a softball tournament and took it all!! I had such a great time! I have not played softball for several years and I was quite nervous and quite intimidated!! However, I was so happy with my results!!! I never struck out! YEAH!! A couple of fly balls but that is ok, at least I made contact with the ball and as the games went on my swing got better and better!!! I rounded the plates a couple of times!! Josh on the other hand knocked about 6 balls out of the park! He is so fun to watch!!

While running to second base I got clocked in the back of my leg just below my knee, oh how it stung!! I now have a softball size bruise on my leg, literally!!! Hailey loved being in the dugout with us and rolling down the grass hill with me! After 3 games I am a little tuckered!! Now to do a 10k tomorrow.... Walking of course!!! Sorry Pam, running is not my forte'!

4 comments:

JoAlice said...

You got quite the exercise this weekend. Between a full day of softball and a morning of walking you should definitely feel it! Post a picture of your nice bruise from softball. You and Kelli......my little athletes who aren't afraid of a little bruising!

Kelli said...

Great times! I love tournaments!

JoAlice said...

Ouch, ouch!!!!!!!

Rogers Family said...

Look at you go girl!! So proud of you!! Love the bruise.. I can relate to tons of those.. You look so beautiful!! love ya