Friday, February 13, 2009

You're Gonna Miss This.....!

While driving home from work this afternoon I heard this song come over the radio... At first I thought they were saying "You're gonna miss me" However, once I heard the lyrics a little more clearly, I thought this song was so perfect for me and probably everyone out there!! I thought I would post the lyrics and put the music on as well so you could all hear it!! If only we could remember this song when we feel we have reached our limit!!!

She was staring out that window, of that SUV Complaining, saying I can't wait to turn 18 She said I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the school Then she kissed her head and said I was just like you-

Chorus-
You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These Are Some Good Times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this

Before she knows it she's a brand new brideIn a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops by He tells her It's a nice place She says It'll do for now Starts talking about babies and buying a house Daddy shakes his head and says Baby, just slow down-

Chorus-
You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These Are Some Good Times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss this

Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater Dog's barkin', phone's ringin' One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin' She keeps apologizin' He says They don't bother me. I've got 2 babies of my own. One's 36, one's 23. Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...-

Chorus-
You're gonna miss this You're gonna want this back You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast These Are Some Good Times So take a good look around You may not know it now But you're gonna miss thisYou're gonna miss this Yeah, you're gonna miss this

1 comment:

JoAlice said...

Very good song. This may have been one Kelli told me about some time ago. It was good reading the lyrics and now try to constantly apply it to whatever situation comes along.