Monday, April 20, 2009

Surprise!!!

I really wanted our 2ooth post to be something extra special and I certainly got more than I bargained for! So much for wishful thinking! Josh, Hailey and I had an amazing weekend.... Full of parties, sleepovers, sledding, spending time with neighbors, etc.... I was beginning to think it was perfect until Josh went to the basement at 8:00 last night to get some pillows of Hailey's that were left there and discovered that our sump pump stopped working!! For those of you who do not know what a sump pump is, it is a pump that is always draining ground water from under your house!! Well with the heavy wet snow we had on top of all the rain our pump went out sometime on Sunday!! The basement was now flooded!! UGH! Carpet and all! Josh was amazing and stayed so calm and collective makes situations like this so much easier! He and our neighbor Eddie tried to get some of the water out last night, however it was not working! Josh stayed home this morning so he could get some things taken care of! We were able to get someone to come out and extract the water from the carpet.... 150 gallons of water to be exact!! We are now trying to dry out the carpet and see if we are able to keep it! We caught it soon enough so hopefully there is not much damage to be taken care of!! I just think how lucky we are that Josh had to go get something out of the basement when he did!! So there you have it..... Our amazing 200th post!!

5 comments:

Christina said...

Oh my goodness- I am SOOO sorry to hear that- thank goodness you caught it so quickly! That would be really sad if it ruined your carpet! Keep us posted!!!

Jen said...

oh, that sucks! I'm sooooo sorry. Travis and I have determined that home ownership is for the birds!

JoAlice said...

And to think on your "snowman" blog I said I missed the snow a little. Your basement flooding because of the snow and rain has convinced me once again that I do not miss it! It's like the lightening striking our house in CO and now I hate thunder storms!!

JoAlice said...

I forgot to say that when I read the first line of your post, I thought it was a play on words since you are in the dental field. 200th ..... I thought you were saying tooth! :o)

Pammerscush said...

OH MAN!!! that stinks!!! I am soooo sorry! my parents' basement use to flood all the time. No fun at all! Glad everything got taken care of!