Friday, August 14, 2009

What A Week!!!

I realized that I have not posted anything for quite sometime so I will try to give a run down of what has been going on in the Giardino household!

*Dogs were taken to a local shelter known as "The Dumb Friends League" saw their mugshots yet again online.... After much discussion between Josh and I we decided that we would get Jax and leave Dakota for adoption! I know there are those of you who do not agree with our decission but it was best for our growing family and for her! Dakota needs to be with a family that can devote more time and attention to her! She will also get current on all her shots and will be spayed as well! It was very sad to see her in there but I knew what was best. Jax is happy to be back home and does not let us out of his sight!

*I got some magic pills from the doctor!! I think they are a miracle drug and if you have morning sickness I would recommend you get some! I take one pill every 8 hours and I am happy to report after a sleepless and long night last Tuesday the last time I threw up was this morning! That was only because I gagged while brushing my teeth!! It is nice to finally have some type of appitite back! Food is still not my friend because nothing sounds good to me! However, popcorn seems to work and my coworkers enjoy eating it with me! Also I have become a big fan of orange juice with ice!!! YUMMY!!! I guess I could consider that a craving!

*Yesterday I had a great day at work!! Seriously by the end of the day it felt like it was a party at Dr. Stimmels! We brewed coffee for the last patients parents and they were all chatting in the waiting room like it was a Starbucks! A mom had a bad day at work and we were able to cheer her up with a $25 gift card to Nordstroms! Dr. Stimmel is really good about that with parents! Always trying to make it a little easier!

*Now that my stomach is not constantly churning I have become a little more quick on my feet! Always ready for a good come back!! Makes for several good laughs in the office! Keeps the enviorment light hearted and fun!

*Karen is my carpooling buddy!! She keeps me smiling in the morning and on my way home from work!!! (I wrote that special for you if you read this!!!) We like to tease eachother and I am glad she is back at Dr. Stimmel's office!! She may not feel the same way about me!! :) HAHAHA!

*Josh and I are getting excited for the little one to arrive!! I know that we still have more time but it is fun to talk with him about it! We talk about names almost every night!

*I am finally able to keep a handle on the appearance of our home! For awhile all I wanted to do is sleep.... I still do but I manage to get things done around the house!! I am even getting better at making dinner!! So much that last week I cooked meals on Monday for the entire week!! It actually was a huge blessing!!

There are many more things to report on but I will save that for another post!! I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! Hugs!

4 comments:

JoAlice said...

Wow! Glad you could catch up a little. So glad I'm your mom so you pretty much keep me posted daily on your life. (Love that by the way!) I wish the dentist I took you kids to when you were young would hand out gift cards, etc to stressed parents!!!

Karen said...

You do care, you really really do care!!(sniff) Of course I like working with you and for Stimmel again. :)

Jes said...

Hey Kim, I have a friend who said that her morning sickness was curbed by getting in lots of protein. There's this pregnancy diet called the Brewer Diet that can also reduce many of the potential health risks with pregnancy, like Pre-eclampsia, and even mortality rates related to it. It's not super hard and you can find info online if you're interested.
Being pregnant is hard, but it's also so exciting!! :)

Kristalyn said...

I'm glad that you're feeling better! I loved reading this post 'cuz it reminded me of my life right now (we are due just a little bit before you). Finally not feeling so sick, though food doesn't sound good and I am also starting to keep the house clean again. It's nice to hear someone else going through the same thing! I can't wait to find out what you're having!