Thursday, September 20, 2007

Hospital Call!!

Today we took a little 6 year old special needs patient to the hospital to do his treatment!! Sometimes with the little tykes and patients with special needs it is the only way to treat them safely!! We frequent the O.R about once a month!! We took our blue bonnets off so that we could snap this picture!! We have to cover ourselves head to toe when we go to the operating room!! We have to wear bonnets, hospital scrubs and booties over our shoes. Craziness!!! Our little patient friend today had a lot of work to do!! Poor little fella!! After we were finished I went into the back room to wash my hands and saw the coolest thing!!! You can see into other rooms what is going on and I happened to see a woman who had just received breast implants and was in the process of having liposuction and a tummy tuck!! I wish I could have watched a little longer!! It is amazing to me how they transform the human body... It looked painful at the same time!! I watched as the skin on the stomach area was being lifted up and then situated where it needed to be... It did not look real to me at all!! I am sure the woman is a little sore this evening, however, pleased with her results... I am assuming it was a woman.... If not, I would have been a lot more interested!! Just teasing!! I seem to always be at the right place at the right time... I have seen some pretty interesting things there but this by far took the cake!!

4 comments:

Rogers Family said...

you are too cute!!!love ya

JoAlice said...

And once again you made me laugh towards the end of that blog update! I'm guessing it was Karen in the picture???

Kelli said...

OH MY GOSH! I'm happy for you...I think! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Kristalyn said...

You are braver than I am, I can't even watch those liposuction shows on tv, my stomach is too weak! :) I'm glad that you get to have variety at work, though! I love readig your blog!