Tuesday, September 18, 2007

May I Take Your Order!!

Tonight was quite the adventure!! My friend Jessica her little girl Taylor and I go walking ever night... Well, almost every night and tonight was no exception! However, tonight we decided that we were going to rollerbalde instead!! As the blading progressed Taylor who is 2 years old decided that she needed to wear the rollerblades on her feet.... PEAS PEAS PEAS as she pointed to her feet! We were blading on a trail that ran along side a canal.... As you can imagine there were bugs all over, a short while later I hear this hacking coming from Jess.... She announced that she just swallowed a bug... I was laughing at her reaction. Little did I know that my fate would soon follow! I swear that bug is still swinging on my uvula like it was on a rope haning above a canyon. Jess ended up falling down 3 times and I laughed so hard each time. However, her first fall was classic since it was on a main highway in front of others!! I am sure I was not the only one laughing. We ended up going a lot further than anticipated and it took us forever to get back to the car.... I saw a McDonalds in the parking lot and asked Jess if she would be up for an ice cream cone.... I know... Lets go work out and then eat ice cream!! We get to McDonalds and the madness continues!! We place our order and the the lady says "IS THAT ALL" and Jess replies "Yes" then total silence.... the total begins to flash at the bottom of the screen... Ok that was random... Then we get up to the 1st window to pay the mean lady... There were 2 other cars in front of us so needless to say we could not pull any further.... The mean lady sticks her head out the window and proceeds to tell Jess that she needs to pull forward to get her food.... Does she want a stinking car accident?!?! I guess that would spice up her day a little more! She tells the mean lady that there is nowhere to go.... The mean lady grunts!! Well it sounded like a grunt. Jess looked at me and said does she think I have never been to a McDonalds before? Anyone with kids knows the answer to that... You can not escape the golden arch!! On a road trip your kids can see it on a sign and insisit that you go 20 miles out of your way so that they can get the collector beanie baby that they have for a limited time... Well by time you get there, the limited time offer has just expired!! We finally get our ice cream cones and life is good.... Only for a brief but glorious moment... Jess was given and ice cream cone that was broken in the middle.... That was just the icing on the cake.... And I wonder why I do not frequent the lines at McDonalds!!!

4 comments:

JoAlice said...

Your stories make me laugh Kimbery!!! McDonald's ice cream cone does sound pretty good though! :o)

Rogers Family said...

i am glad i read this in the morning so i can go out and get one here shortly. Just so happens brant took the day off to go to a pre school event with briggs.. you crack me up girl

Kelli said...

Too funny. Look at you my exercise queen! You go girl!

Leslie said...

Well... Mcdonalds does have the tastiest fries! :)