Wednesday, September 5, 2007

I was caught!

I was tagged by Kelli!!
Here it goes, 5 things I love about Colorado!!

1. I love that I am finally in the state that I wanted to live in 13 years ago!! I did not realize that I would need to make a couple of pit stops before getting here but it was well worth the wait! Colorado is a great state and I love being here.... However, I have a little bit of southern style in me and I would love to go south someday.... It could happen, never say never!


2. I love living somewhere that enables me to go visit other states to see family!! I love road trips and plane rides! I am grateful that car sickness was a temporary phase while growing up.... However, I wish I could say the same thing about talking and walking in my sleep!! They said that was a phase as well.... Yeah right!


3. I love to watch the summer/fall storms roll in over the mountains and how they linger for hours! I love the smell of rain and I love to hear the rolling thunder! It reminds me of all the summers spent at the campground. I love the rainbows that they tend to leave behind.... I could not believe this one when I saw it. I do not think that I have ever seen a rainbow quite so vibrant!! I love the change of seasons.... Walking into work yesterday I caught a familiar smell.... A couple more weeks and fall will be here!! I am looking forward to the color changes!



4. I love being so close to the mountains and how they outline Denver. I love that I can go up to lookout mountain and see Denver's skyline but still be far enough away from the chaos. I love all the recreational activities that the outdoors has to offer!! I am excited for winter so I can strap on the skis and fly down the slopes!! Tried boarding last year, totally sucked! I think I will stick with skiing!


5. I also love when people come to visit.... HINT HINT HINT.... You know who you are!!! Your room awaits you!! This is the view from our front yard!! On a clear day the view is amazing!

3 comments:

Kelli said...

You'd love watching Michigan rainstorms roll in then, although mountains don't exist here! Its somewhat of a tragedy.

JoAlice said...

So your pictures totally reminded me once again of what it looks like in Colorado. We definitely have lots of memories of living there and just how beautiful most things are. Thanks for posting the pictures...especially the one of the rainbow since you were talking to me at the time you saw it. I'm glad you stopped to take the picture. :o)

Rogers Family said...

Ok so not only does Michigan weather make me jealous.. now I have Colorado beautiful scenery and weather that makes me depressed. All I can say is nothing but negative things about Arizona summers. Can't wait for winter to arrive. well..thats probably considered spring for you colorado people. lol. Thanks for another great posting.