Sunday, January 3, 2010

My Journal!!!

Yesterday I was working pretty hard on Colton's room and really the only thing left is to get the crib up and bedding in place!! Also we need to get some window panels for curtains! As I was sitting in the glider I was looking around at everything, the paint job, the changing table full of things to be used and I started to get teary eyed!! Is this really happening? Will he really be here in a month!! I have waited so many years for this opportunity to prove to myself as a mom what I can do!! If someone would have told me it would be 11 years after graduation this would be happening I would have laughed!! In seminary I was given the award most likely to be married first year out of high school! Thankfully it did not work out that way for me! I had a lot of learning and growing to do as a person! Josh and I will celebrate 4 years of marriage in a couple of weeks and to me that is a huge accomplishment! I do not say that negatively but we have been through our fair share of rocky waters!! Through it all we have come out stronger and we have come out better people!! I wish a baby would have been in the picture a couple of years ago but looking back we never would have made it!! I think Colton is coming at the perfect time and what a perfect way to start a new year!! I know he is going to bring so much into our home!! I promise this is not just wishful thinking that my baby boy will be perfect!! I know he will not be but he will be perfect for our little family!! And he will fit perfectly in our little world!! He has a dad and a mom who are thrilled and an older sister who I know is more than excited!! I cannot wait until he is here so I can finally hold him and get to know him outside the womb!!! Thank you all for coming on this journey with us!! Thank you for all your comments, well wishes and great advice!! 5 weeks and counting!!!

2 comments:

JoAlice said...

You have proven yourself as a great mom to Hailey. Josh is very lucky he married someone as caring as you and willing to love and care for another "mom's" child. Colton is extremely lucky to have you both as parents. I certainly know his grandparents are getting pretty excited to have him in their lives!!!!!

Christina said...

A little tear came to my eye...